Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Midnight Showing

My first midnight movie has rightfully been given to the last Harry Potter premier.  Along with some other first year MSTPers, we lined up at 9pm for the 12:10am showing.  We were beaten out by a number of people, which is not surprising, since I saw two people lined up even before 9am this morning on my way to work.  With excellent company and conversation (and two large drinks of tea), time passed quickly, and soon the house lights were dimming.

The movie itself, once some technical difficulties were resolved, was done quite well. Without giving away much of the plot, I thought the movie was remarkably faithful to the book while managing to maintain a steady build towards the climax of the final story.  This does mean that the epilogue is included, among much laughter.  In the end, I agree with the rest of our group that this movie felt like a mark of the end of our childhood.  I guess the only left to do is to go to the Harry Potter theme park and elbow some little kids out of the way of rides and games to fill this emptiness inside of me.
It All Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment