Monday, August 15, 2011

Picking a speciality

So, there is this Careers in Medicine website that we are suppose to find useful.  It was.  First of all, I learned that Geriatric Medicine falls under Family Practice.  Uh...so no research, so no.

Then, I did all these personality/skills/values/etc tests.  It turns out that maybe I won't go into Neurology after all...


First, it is good to see that my self-doubt and indecisiveness is low.  However, it looks like while nothing is in the high (please worry) range, I still have some things to figure out about myself and the specialities that I am interested in.

This one tells me that I can very much willing to exchange prestige for leisure time.  Now if only I can work out that with the research interest...which is interestingly enough, not at 5.0 BEFORE my thesis.  So, it can only go down from there, right?

Then finally, I was told that neurology may not be the one...?!  Well, at least I'm pretty much at two related specialities.  I wonder how many people have wee little bars for everything?

The caveat is that, of course, these will change as I go through school and also as I talk to more people in these specialities.

No comments:

Post a Comment