Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hollywood Bowl: Fantasia

Thanks to Auntie for getting me out of med school bubble today.  While I was initially worried about going and nearly changed my mind since it was an intense week of embryology, by the time we got to the Fantasia concert, I was so excited to be doing non-MD stuff.

Hollywood Bowl is apparently a highly popular location.  Concert goers (tickets can be as low as ~$30) often picnic in the afternoon prior to attending a concert.  We decided on dumplings at Aunt's house to say farewell to my cousin (going back to another year of law school); however, that did not detract at all from the amazing experience.

Directed by John Mauceri, it was a beautiful night of classical music, rare Disney clips, and fireworks.
We were a bit far away, but the acoustics and large screens made the concert still a joy to watch and listen.

Fireworks, dancing mushrooms, classical music. What more do you need for a great night?

No comments:

Post a Comment