Monday, February 4, 2013

DineLA 2013

My winter DineLA experience was leaner this year than the last.  I just closed my eyes and focus on the future macaroon eating instead.

But no worries, deliciousness still happened.  (In fact, some were so delicious that they could not be captured before their disappearance.

First was Scarpetta with 9 of my friends.  The supplemental house-made spaghetti was so good that it disappeared before I could take a photo...

Dip (olive oil, eggplant, butter) for the unlimited breads,
including one with  cheese and meat that was divine.

I ordered an extra side of roasted fingerling potatoes.
Good, but a bit too greasy for my taste.

The sea bass was perfectly decent.
I just can't say that it was more than decent.

Dessert was great!  The salted caramel pudding was not too heavy.
I'm not a fan of salted sweets though, so I gave the chocolate cookies away.
 Then, once mom got here, it was off to FINALLY try SugarFish.  This whole experience was so so delicious.  My mom and I laughed about how the restaurant waiter(esse)s must have thought that we had been starving ourselves given the way that we (politely) wolfed everything done.  And importantly, their DineLA menu isn't really that much of a discount, which means that I could theoretically eat here for normal special occasions.
Tuna tartar.

Nigiri sushi was WARM rice.
I didn't know what a difference it would make till I tried it.

Hand rolls, so simple and still so delicious.
That's raw oyster in the front.  It lasted about 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment